How to be a SATs Superstar!

Screen-Shot-2013-05-06-at-23_02_41

Are you feeling stressed about SATs? We aren’t! Miss Thomas says she has never seen Year Sixes so relaxed the week before SATs, but she also says that that’s a good thing!

If your teachers or parents are stressing you out about SATs (or even if you’re making yourself stressed!), here are a few tips on how to stay calm and do well:

• Have an early night: If you have a late night and are feeling sleepy when you are doing your tests, you will not be able to do your best. We know late nights are more fun, but it’s only for a week!

asleep

• Have a healthy breakfast: Scientists have proven that your brain works better when you have had a healthy breakfast. We are having a SATs breakfast club every morning next week to make sure that we feed our brains!

healthy-breakfast-3

• Believe in yourself: Think positive thoughts! You can achieve anything that you put your mind to! If you think negative things then you won’t do as well because you have already decided that it’ll go badly. It will also make you worry more, which is definitely a bad thing! We all know that we can do absolutely anything- and we’re going to prove it next week!

imagesRR3QCUA7

• Do your best: Whatever happens when you get your results, as long as you have tried your hardest and done your best then it doesn’t matter what you get compared to your friends. If you have done your best then your parents and teachers will be incredibly proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself.11951

This is all you need to know about how to be a SATs Superstar!

Good luck! 🙂

Written by Danielle, Naomi, Sophie, Pearl and Mia

Ps. We’d love it if you left us a comment!

43 responses on How to be a SATs Superstar!

1. This is fantastic advice. I will be sharing with my year 6 class on Monday morning. Best of luck next week everyone.
    Mrs Beshiri

2. Fantastic advice, I’ll be sharing with my fab Y6’s next week, good luck and do your best, Mrs. Hughes, Shropshire.

3. Absolutely brilliant advice ! I will be sharin g this with my year 6 children on Monday morning. Good luck
    Miss Davies

4. Brilliant, well written advice and exactly what I told my Year 6 class yesterday. Sleep, rest, breathe and believe.

5. Brilliant advice girls! I’m sure you’ll do your very best next week. I’ll pass these tips on to my class too. Mrs Eccles, West Yorkshire

6. Wow – what great advice! Very well done and good luck next week!
    My advice to my year 6 class this weekend: have a lovely couple of days: lots of sun, fun and sleep and absolutely NO work/ revision! You are all ready to take these on!
    Enjoy your last few weeks at primary school! Best wishes, Mrs Hunter

7. I love the way you have written this as well as what it says. I have retired from teaching now and still miss it very much. It strikes me that this is good advice for our approach to any examination or any important task in life that we need to focus on and do our best at.
    I hope that some of you will become teachers in the future – it is a wonderful profession.
    I wish you success in your SATS and every good wish for happiness at Secondary School. x

8. Fantastic advice, girls; I hope that the year 6 children at my school are as calm and sensible as you are. With your mature attitude, I think you will do really well (but, as you say, your teacher and parents will be proud of you however you do). Good luck!
    Mrs Bell, Leeds

9. This is brilliant advice , well done girls . I’m afraid I’m going to borrow it for our year 6s webpage . Good luck next week , you will be amazing !
    Miss.Geeson
    APS
    Notts..

10. Great advice. I will share this with my class on Monday. We had the same discussion this week. Good luck and enjoy the last few weeks of being a year 6.
    Mrs Welch, Cornwall.

11. Wise words, girls! I’m not a teacher but I am a 38 year old who has some exams coming up and I will be taking your advice and getting some early nights, healthy breakfasts and just doing my best!

12. Brilliantly put girls. I have no idea if you used fronted adverbials or subordinating conjunctives (as I only heard those terms because my son is doing SATs next week too!) BUT I do know good writing when I read it. And good advice – the same that our year 6 teachers have given. And please know that all us parents out here are already proud of all you year 6 children AND teachers who have been doing a great job on this new curriculum and SATs. You ROCK!

13. Well done guys this is a great lesson for everyone involved in tests and exams. Hope my kids feel the same when they reach Year 6!

14. Excellent blog girls! The sun is shining here in Portsmouth today. I hope you are all out there enjoying it! Gail x

15. What great advice! Good luck. As a school governor I often chuckle when the children “get it” where politicians and other adults don’t. We should all listen to our children more. They often have the best answers.

16. What wise words – and ones which will stand you all in good stead in the future too. You are fortunate to have an inspirational teacher. Just do your best next week, ‘super stars’

17. What a brilliant blog! So appropriate & heartwarming to think all you Year 6s are so positive! I loved the layout as well! Good luck & I’m sure you’ll all do very well! 😀

18. Brilliant! I’ll be showing my Year 6 boy this. Good luck in your SATs, but with your positive attitude you don’t need my extra luck, you’ve got it sorted already!

19. This is such good advice- everyone will be proud of you as long as you did your best. That’s all that matters.

Hope you all have a great week!

20. What emotionally intelligent girls you are (and SATs don’t test that!). Well done, your teachers and parents must be very proud of you.
    Louise
    Congleton

21. What amazing advice from such intelligent, thoughtful young people. As a primary school teacher myself (reception) I shall be sharing this message to my colleagues and friends who are parents. My daughter did her SATS in Y6 last year and we tried to help her keep calm .. she did and we were all happy with the ‘results’, but what made us all really happy is that she had tried her best and understood that the ‘results ‘ were only one tiny part of her primary school life where she had fun and learnt in an exciting and sparkly way. Thank you and please pass on my best wishes to your wonderful teachers who must be so proud of you!
    Keely
    East Sussex

22. What brilliant, well written advice girls! I’ll be sharing this with my Y6s . Good luck next week to all sitting their exams -inc teachers 😉 .
    Mrs Ghelani
    Leicestershire

23. Great advice I am going to share this with my granddaughters Kaitlyn and Isabelle who are sitting their Y2 and Y6 SAT’s. Thank you .

24. Well done girls. You have a lovely attitude that you deserve praise for. Well done too to your teacher who sounds fabulous herself!

25. Excellent advice summed up in a nutshell! Good luck to you and my lovely Year Six class. I’m confident we can all do well. Mrs Wrightb

26. Good advice! I work in a Secondary School and this will serve you well in all stages of your life. Good luck and stay ‘chilled’. Mrs Richards, London.

27. What a lovely blog entry. I will be reading it to my class before we start on Monday.

Mrs Buckle (Y6 teacher in Cheshunt, Herts).

28. Very mature advice for all of the year 6 pupils sitting their SATs this week!
    I’m going to share this with my daughter who is in year 6 and will encourage her teacher to share it with the rest of her class too.

29. We are really impressed by the thoughts and maturity behind this blog. The dog/cat picture was great also! Great job girls!!

30. Kia Ora from New Zealand. Great advice for Kiwi children as well for their exams next month.

31. Great blog girls and just what I told my year 6 class last week – do your best and be proud of your achievements. Enjoy your last few weeks in primary school and good luck for secondary school. I’m sure you will all be fabulous! Ms Wheatle

32. What a fabulous blog and extremely good advice. By following this you will definitely be doing your best. I particularly like the “think positive thoughts” advice because a positive outlook on life really helps us make the most out of all of life’s opportunities….even SATs! Good luck from Helen, Christchurch, NZ

33. Thanks for the advice, because, well I’m only 12 but maybe you can check out my blog but anyway nice blog.